Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Salida

For those of you interested in coming to visit, here's an update on when would be a good time to visit. Please let me know in advance the dates you would like to come, as I have to get "permiso"/permission ahead of time.
Since I'm working in the school, I'm on the school schedule. I get four weeks vacation throughout the 13 months I am here. The best times to visit would be:
December-January
At this time the kids are on vacation and take vacation courses. I have to be on the ranch December 23-January 1 for the holidays. So, if you'd like to come and stay on the ranch the entire time, that would be good. If you'd like to travel then it would be best to plan around those dates.
Semana Santa - around Easter time (late March-early April)
Don't know the exact dates. Again, we could stay on the ranch for all the Semana Santa activities and/or travel.
Semana Pedogica - June (not sure of the dates yet)
So, if you're interested, please let me know. There is visitor housing on the ranch, but it's first come first serve, so the sooner the better. Like I said, you can visit while I'm working, but if you want to travel, better to plan around the dates listed above.
** Questions from DadHave you started working with the kids yet?I've been spending my evenings in a different hogar each night, but I haven't started speech therapy. This week has been devoted to the ranch in general. Next week will be spent in our assigned positions with the current volunteer. Do you have any free time?This week, yes. However, I've been told that we should enjoy it because our days will get pretty busy. I've been able to take a little siesta just about everyday, which for those who know me is wonderful!Love the food?I don't mind it. We eat frijoles and arroz about two times a day. I love beans as many of you know, but I'm not that excited about them now. I don't crave the food here, but I eat it. I've actually not been that hungry. While the food isn't the best it definitely keeps you full until the next meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home