Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Llamame!

So, I got a cell phone...yay! I am able to make international calls; however, I receive incoming calls for free - so better if you call me (hey, I'm volunteering - give me a break!). Here's my number:

Country code: 504
Cell phone #: 334 63 68

Today we had a busqueda (scavenger hunt) throughout Tegucigalpa to get to know the capital. It was lots of fun (although traveling in a group is never easy). We ate baleadas, drank licuados, took public transportation, and visited common volunteer hangouts. We saw tons of vegetable and fruit vendors, young boys sniffing glue, many dogs wandering the streets, and heard lots of reggaeton. Life on the ranch and the hustle and bustle of Tegucigalpa is like night and day. It's nice to have such contrasting places to be - you can escape to one or the other.
We also finished up visiting the hogares tonight. I think I have my preference, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow when we find out for sure before I say anything.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! Its Rachael...I have been reading along as you write and it sounds like everything is going great!! Im glad that you made it safe and have been enjoying your time so far...It is so strange to not call you every other day and vent about random things!! I miss you very much!!!

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola from Lori!
So fun to read your notes - keep them coming! More from me later, but wanted to say hi! I know this is crazy, but I think that I have free international long distance with my phone service, so we will have to test it out! :-)
Love and Hugs,
Lori

 

Post a Comment

<< Home