Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm Coming Home...


Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I will be coming back home to Grand Rapids, Michigan this Sunday night (Feb. 18). This is not a planned trip back, but I've got some medical stuff I've got to take care of that probably would be best dealt with in the U.S. than Honduras.

Here's the scoop:

Wednesday night my eyes started feeling really weird. I mentioned it to one of my girls here on the ranch and she told me that one eye looked smaller than the other. I didn't really think anything of it. Later that night I started feeling the weirdness spread. When I got to my room and looked in the mirror, I noticed that half of my face was paralyzed. My mouth looked as if I had spent the day at the dentist. One eye was droopy and the other was wide open and wouldn't shut all the way. I felt a numby feeling all along the right side of my face. Long story short, I had some blood work done and it all came back normal. So, the doctor wants to put me on an antibiotic just in case I have something that is undiscovered. This antibiotic would have to be administered daily for 2 weeks by an injection. I talked to my parents, who talked to our doctors, and they all thought it was best for me to come home to get a proper diagnosis and treatment. So, I will be back home for one week. If all goes well, I'll be back in Honduras next Friday with my sister Rita, who is coming to visit for her spring break. I hope to see some of you while I'm home, even though it's for a short time. I am feeling fine physically...I just look like a freak. haha. Hopefully everything will turn out okay, which I think it will. Just a little detour in my adventures in Honduras!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home