Thursday, February 22, 2007

Results

Hello from cold, but sunny Michigan!

I made it home safely on Sunday night. On Tuesday I had an appointment with a neurologist, and as it turns out I do in fact have Bells Palsy (on the right side of my face). **By the way, I am smiling as big as I can in the photo below.**http://www.webmd.com/hw/brain_nervous_system/hw179179.asp
This is kind of what I had been suspecting, so I am quite relieved. The neurologist gave me a prescription for steroids, which should help speed up recovery, as well as eye drops to be sure that my affected eye does not get infected.

Even though this trip was unplanned and not under the best circumstances, it has been nice to be home and enjoy the comforts of the U.S. Thank you to those of you who have been so supportive and concerned; that really means a lot to me. All of your phone calls, emails, and visits have been very, very appreciated. I head back to Honduras on Friday. Enjoyed some R&R and now it's back to the ranch life. I'm bringing my sister Rita with me for her spring break...we're heading to Tela and the Lago de Yajoa. Should be fun, but not looking forward to taking pictures!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home