Sunday, September 24, 2006

Dia de Independencia


Okay, so I'm falling a little behind in my blogs...I admit, but life is getting a little busier here (i.e., more to do, more tired at night, having more fun, etc.). Let me take you back a little bit to last week.

Last Wednesday the ranch celebrated Honduras' independence day. To celebrate we all went to El Batallon (the battlefield), which is in La Venta the closest "city" to the ranch. From there soldiers from el batallon closed off la carretera/highway and we had a desfile/parade back to the ranch. We had flags, hats, traditional costumes, drummers, a decorated truck, and many kids marching.

Afterwards we met at the school where each group from the parade did a presentation (flags, stick dancing, marching, etc.). Very patriotic.

There was no school Thursday, Friday, or Monday. So I headed off to Roatan, one of the Bay Islands with Annemarie....blog coming soon!!!

**Picture: parading through La Venta. Note: umbrellas in back are very common...not used for rain...women use them to protect themselves from the sun.

Jesus, our ranch director, has created a web site with some fabulous pictures. I know I am only able to post a few, so if you have extra time and are interested, check out this website to see more of the ranch and our events! http://web.mac.com/jhuerta2/iWeb/nph/bienvenidos.html

2 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, I noticed you changed the photo of yourself, looks like a new hairdo! The next time you answer questions here is one more. Is there anything we can send to the ranch to help out?
Rosario

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Like your new picture, how long will the braiding last? Got your message the other day, sorry I wasn't available. Keep the pictures coming, I am sharing everything with Bop and he is enjoying it all. Love you - Dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home