Sunday, October 29, 2006

Technical Difficulties

My lap top is officially busted. It will probably be a couple weeks before I get it fixed (if it is fixable), so my blog posts and email replies are going to be a bit delayed. This will give many of you time to catch up on all my past blogs and leave me comments :)

An update on life here in Honduras...

I spent the weekend in Tegucigalpa. Friday night the psicopedagogia/special education department had a birthday dinner and then we all went out dancing at the Harley Davidson Cafe. Vanessa, my roommate Monica, and me stayed in the city Saturday night. We spent the day lounging in the Nan Kin hotel watching TV, we went to the mall, saw Nacho Libre at the movie theater, and went to Ruby Tuesday´s for dinner. Sunday we met up with Debra, who is my roommate from Chicago Amy´s friend from college. She is working outside of Tegucigalpa as an English teacher. Anyways, we went to a creperia for brunch, which was delicious. It had a very nice view of the city as well. So, now we´re just finishing up our routine Teguc rounds -- internet and supermarket -- before heading back to the ranch.

Hope everyone is doing well, and even though communication might be slow on my end, please keep in touch via yours!

3 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sara,
Happy Day after Halloween! It was 9 degrees this morning with the windchill. Don't you miss the cold?!? :-) I did get a new winter coat this year, so that cheered me up a bit. All Marshall Field's are now converted to Macy's and I didn't think I would like that, but I have adjusted well. Apparently it was a tough opening for Macy's in Chicago though - they were very loyal to MF there. Hope all is well. Really enjoy your blogs! Take care and be safe! Love,
Lori

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,
That is too bad that your computer died! Hopefully it is fixable. Good news in the Werner household yesterday.... my dad got new blood work done to see how the chemo is doing and the counts went from over 40K when he first got diagnosed(meaning the cells were fast growing and there was a lot of them) to 2,900 yesterday! It is really a miracle and although he obviously still has cancer he is feeling significantly better. We are all beside ourselves. So keep praying it seems to be working!! The wedding is fast approaching and will be here in no time! I will soon be a wife! Yikes!! :)
love,
ed

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I am so glad you got to meet up with Debra. She is a crazy, fun gal.

You should know, I am going to midnight yoga this Friday. I'll make sure to have an extra long shavasana just for you! Take care and I hope all is well.

Love, Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home