Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Pucha



I have lots to share and write about my friends’, Amy and Kristin’s, visit from Chicago. Before that, however, I’ll fill you in on how daily life is going on the ranch. My schedule is pretty jam-packed. If you’ve read my past blogs you’ll know that my work load has increased, which is causing me to be pretty busy. I am enjoying it though. My days consist of speech therapy, emailing, proyecto familiar, reviewing applications, taking a little siesta mid-day, running, yoga, and my new obsession…watching 24. Since we do not have T.V. here on the ranch we rely on our lap tops for entertainment. Many volunteers have movies, T.V. series, etc. that we all trade. Well, Tess from Boston, brought the first three seasons of 24, and I am now addicted. I am almost finished with the second season. It is a great way to end the day, lying in bed with the head phones, watching Jack Bauer save the world over and over again.
In other news, Pucha, our cat, is pregnant. She’s only eight-months-old, so it’s hard to imagine, but she is definitely pregnant. This has caused me some stress because not too many of the volunteers are very fond of Pucha, so her kittens are not going to be very welcome around Casa Personal. She is eating tons of food, acting a little weird, and her belly is growing very rapidly. The other night Kris and I could see the babies moving around in her belly and we could feel them. It won’t be long before there are little gatitos running around. Not sure what we’re going to do with them yet. Some of the tías mentioned that they would take one if it is a certain color. We had an Easter grill out this past Sunday and we made a pool, betting on the date that Pucha will give birth and the number of kittens. I will keep you posted as to the results. Stay tuned…

2 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sara,
Well, in the last two days, we got about an inch of snow. It's gross. I am so ready for spring!

Your mom and sister get here tomorrow night. I am very excited to see them. We will definitely miss you.

I'm only working a couple of hours tomorrow. I am actually coordinating a "Father of the Year" essay reading contest here at Target. This week the IT department read approximately 18,800 essays. It's really cool. We wrap up tomorrow and select the top 3 winners from each grade, so that's the only thing I'm really coming in for.

Hope all is well! Take care and be safe!
Cousin Lori

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whooooah! You could SEE the gatitos in her belly?! That's creepy!

Court

 

Post a Comment

<< Home